i love movies. and lists. so, hey, this will be fun! join me if you haven't done this one already!
1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
o there's a bunch of those. here's a few:
Erin Brockovich--- (i love a story about a strong woman who finds her power)
Pretty In Pink ---(my favorite of the molly ringwald/john hughes era)
Family Man--- (hubby and i watch it EVERY christmas and we love it)
2. Name a movie that you've seen multiple times in the theater.
Grease. i went as many times as mom would let me. . . and pay for.
3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.
to pick one. . . Kate Winslet. love her.
4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.
to pick just one. . . Keanu Reeves. Matrix or not, no thanks! i was all set with him after Bill and Ted, you know?
5. Name a movie that CAN and DO quote from.
ha! just one??? hubby and i quote things all the time. we have like, our own language.
there's the oft quoted, "you're working on a new deal now, jack." from Family Man.
and "i'm really quite tired!" from Erin Brockovich. and hubby is famous for anything out of Big Night, especially "it's so good you have to KILL yourself!!"
6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.
i'm not at all a musical fan. i think Grease is probably the only one.
7. Name a movie you have been known to sing along with.
8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
What's Eating Gilbert Grape. everyone in this movie is brilliant. leo, johnny, juliette and the whole supporting cast. it has some classic lines. i love it. it's a little strange. a little slow. and has heart.
9. Name a movie that you own.
The Sweet Hereafter. depressing, but SO well done.
10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.
Mariah Carey. no suh!!! Ummm. . . Will Smith, Marky Mark Wahlberg.
11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
Star Wars. i fell asleep.
12. Ever made out in a movie?
nope. that seems like a high schooly thing to do and in high school no boys ever wanted to be in a dark theatre with me. sadly.
13. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven't yet gotten around to it.
Manhattan has been in our Netflix queue for like, years. we love woody, but for some reason or other we haven't seen this yet.
14. Ever walked out of a movie?
twice. the first was Dazed and Confused. the second was Braveheart. still have never seen the ends of those movies. . . or the middle in the case of Braveheart.
15. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
hell yes. i'm addicted and i don't share.
17. How often do you go to the movies (as opposed to renting them or watching them at home)?
oh. . .3-4 times a year since having a child. when we lived in seattle we went every friday with our friends. we called it Friday Night Movie Club. dinner and a movie every week.
18. What's the last movie you saw in the theater?
Lady in The Water. i love me some M. Night.
19. What's your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
i like comedy when it's really good.
20. What's the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?
i remember *trying* to go see The Jungle Book, but it was sold out by the time we got there. i remember vividly going to see The Empire Strikes Back, but i'm sure that wasn't my first movie.
21. What movie do you wish you had never seen?
The Accused. I was too young to handle it. it haunted me.
22. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
23. What is the scariest movie you've seen?
Silence of the Lambs freaked me WAY the hell out. no way i can ever see that one again.
24. What is the funniest movie you've seen?
i love Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Raising Arizona is hilarious. Airplane! Ferris Bueller's Day Off i LOVE.
OK, who wants to play along??? Sari? Beth? Allie? Bueller? Anyone?