well, fellow peepers--i have a recipe today, but it's not for something to eat. it's for something to play with! PLAY DOUGH! yes, we all know we can make it ourselves, but some may not have the recipe at hand. i'm here to remedy that for you.
bb and i have had a lovely time playing with our dough. some quotes from today include:
"can i have a picnic with my worms and lady bug?"
"mommy, my lady bug can chase YOUR lady bug!!"
"can my lady bug go to christmas now?"
1 cup salt
2 cups water
4 tsp. cream of tartar
2 tbs. oil (i use canola)
2 cups flour
assorted food coloring
1. bring water to a simmer in a medium pan. add salt to dissolve.
2. add cream of tartar, oil and flour.
3. cook over medium heat until mixture thickens to the consistency of play dough.
4. after it has cooled, knead in the colors of your choice.
5. store in airtight containers so it doesn't dry out!
p.s. is it me or is blogger totally getting it done lately posting pictures?