12 August 2006

vacation--all i ever wanted

it's my favorite time of the year! every august we pack up and head down to the family cottage near cape cod for a week of beachin' fun with my mom, my sister, her husband and their 2 kids. we eat a lot of fish and chips, ice cream and watermelon. we play at the beach all day and sit around the fire bowl at night. we look at old photographs and tell the same stories again and again every year. we look at the old growth chart on the wall that track's my and my sister's yearly progress. we complain about the bugs. we talk about the way things used to be "when we were kids." and we marvel at how we're NOT the kids anymore. we're the parents now and how did THAT happen? it's a place of much family history. and it's as comfortable as being in my own skin.

when i get back i promise to be a better blogger. beach photos and bb's 2nd birthday photos will be posted! Monday Munch will continue! i swear!

i hope your summers are breezy, beachy and not too buggy.

1 comment:

beth said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip! We had a great time at the beach, and I bet having family to visit with makes it even better.

I just sent you an email but I realize that you might already be gone...