30 October 2006

Monday Munch!

well, i've been the absentee blogger, haven't i? man, it's been a rough couple of weeks around here. my husband may be losing his job and it's meant a whole slew of "talks."

i'm wiped.



but not too wiped to bring you a new toddler approved recipe!

MAC & CHEESE
it's nice to do a "real" mac and cheese instead of a box and this is really easy.

Ingredients
1 7 oz. package of macaroni

Salt and pepper
3 Cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Butter
3 Cups milk
1/2 Cup buttered fresh bread crumbs

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. Cook macaroni until done. Rinse in cold water and drain well.

3. Layer in casserole dish 1/3 macaroni, sprinkling lightly with salt and pepper and 1/3 of the chesse. Dot generously with butter. Repeat twice more. Cover with bread crumbs.

4. Bake uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.

5. ENJOY!

at the request of the lovely beth, i have put a link in the side bar to a .pdf file with all the recipe cards for the printing. just print off whichever ones you want and i'll add to it as the mondays come and go.


5 comments:

Jamie said...

oh YUM! Perfect for a cold fall night. Good idea!

katie said...

Oh Kate, I hope everything works out, sending hugs your way. I have been an absentee blogger too, much too much stuff going on.
I'll have to make this one night when Piers is out to satisfy my flour cravings!

itybtyfrog said...

I am sorry about your husband's job. I hope everything works out okay. Thanks for the recipe. I don't know if I have ever made homemade mac n cheese...it sounds yummy!

beth said...

Yay! Thank you for putting the archives in your side bar. I know. I'm just so lazy. See, it's a printer problem we have. I can never print them out when you post them and then later I want them.

I hope everything works out with your husband's job. I imagine things are pretty tense over there. Hope you guys are hanging in there and I'll be thinking of you.

Laura said...

I don't get Step 4.....where'd the tofu come in?!?!