well, the Munch is back this week--FINALLY. it all fell apart when we went on vacation last month. but, i have a great recipe today (technically it's still sunday, but this is when i have time!) we made these muffins today and bb could not. get. enough. even before bed he was still asking for "more muffin." silly kid!
so, here goes:
Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Muffins!
2 1/2 c. ww flour
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground mace or nutmeg
1 c. oil
1 c. honey (i find that the bananas sweeten enough, so i usually do a 1/2 cup of honey instead)
6 ripe mashed bananas
1 tbs. vanilla extract
2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl blend together the honey, oil, bananas and vanilla.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixing only until the ingredients are combined. A good muffin batter should be lumpy. Cover and refrigerate overnight or proceed to bake now.
4. To bake, set your oven to 350 degrees. While it preheats, bring your batter to room emperature and grease and flour the tins or if you prefer, use liners.
5. Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Fill each muffin tin to at least 3/4 full. These muffins to not rise much.
6. Bake 25-35 minutes. Test with knife. point should come out clean when the muffins are ready.
they're great because they are made with whole wheat and oats, sweetened with bananas and honey and even with half the honey they still taste sweet and yummy!
oh! and credit where it's due: this recipe comes from the Black Dog Summer on The Vineyard Cookbook. i used to live on Martha's Vineyard and whenever i get nostalgic i break out this cookbook and try to relive the "old days."
(click here for handy pdf recipe card!)